Thursday 26 September 2013

Things About Raya


Assalamualaikum. Hello my readers.  We meet again in my seven entries. This month is hari raya, after one month we were fasting in Ramadhan Al-Mubarak. I would like to share to all of you about what I did in this month.
 Firstly, i am back to my hometown Bandar Bahru. Kedah Darul Aman, with my family two day before hari raya celebration. It takes more than four hours to arrive at my hometown. After, we were arrived, we were fast break with our cousins there. I am so happy, because I am already arrived at my hometown safely. Alhamdullilah. After that, we were gone to mosque to do tarawih.
Tomorrow at the early morning, we were ate sahur for last day in Ramadhan in this year. I am little bit lazy to woke, because I am tired. But, I just woke up and ate little bit for support my energy in the evening. In the afternoon, we were starts to do preparation for hari raya. My dad, his brothers and my cousins helped by do slaughter the chicken. For this year, we were bought around 10 chickens, it is because we want to cook for many kinds of dishes such as, rendang, curry and soup.
My mom and my aunts do ketupat, nasi himpit and kuih raya. There have so many of kuih raya, such as almonds London, murruku, cornflakes and mazzolla. This is so delicious. My cousins and I do preparation such as sweeping, wipe the windows, change the curtain and sofa. When we do the work, we also played around and laughing together. I missed them so much. After we done, we helped my mom and my aunts at kitchen did kuih raya.
At the raya night, we were cooks dodol. This is tradition in our family. This dodol take a long time to cooks. We started cooked at 5 p.m and done at 1a.m. So take a long time. But, I did not helped them to cook dodol, it is because it so tired. I just watch my cousins and my siblings played fireworks and firecrackers. I am so happy and I am also played with them.
Tomorrow morning, I woke up and get to shower. When shower, I took Eid prayers bath. After that, whole my family took turn to shake hand greet each other’s. When I shake hands with my aunts and uncles, they give me duit raya. I am so happy, because even I already a big girl, they will give me. After that, we were gone to mosque to Eid prayer. Then we went to grave to visit my late grandfather.
After that, we were eaten together. I am eating my favorite food, it is ketupat and chicken rendang. I am already add two times. This is so delicious. Before my stomach digests my foods, my family invited me to visit our cousins. I am not talking much, I just follow them. In my cousin’s home, I eat so much kuih raya until I am full.
Okay. This is what I get in my raya day. I am so happy because I can meet my cousins and can eat my favorite foods. Happy Eid Day. I hope, you all will happy when reading this entry. See you again. 







No comments:

Post a Comment